Home > Admissions > Returning Singaporeans
Returning Singaporeans with good academic results are welcome to apply to pursue a junior college education in YIJC from now to 02 Jan 2020.
Returning Singaporean children (RS) seeking admission to Yishun-Innova Junior College are required to sit for School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporeans (MOE SPERS – JC/MI). The School Placement Exercise for Returning Singaporeans – JC/MI is a centralised placement exercise conducted in November each year for Returning Singaporeans who wish to join the Pre-University 1 level at the beginning of the new academic year. Applicants are strongly encouraged to join the MOE SPERS-JC/MI in order to secure a place in a Junior College or Millennia Institute.
1. Applicant’s year of birth is from 02 Jan 2000 to 31 Dec 2003.
2. Taken SPERS or JPACT JC/MI test.
3. Have good academic results from 2018 examination results in the previous school, scoring at least five distinctions in 5 different subjects;
- 1 distinction in English Language,
- 1 distinction in Mathematics,
- 1 distinction in Science or Physics or Chemistry or Biology,
- 1 distinction in Humanities subject or Geography or History or English Literature,
- 1 distinction in Mathematics or Science or Physics or Chemistry or Biology
1. Please download the application form here.
2. Print and complete the application form, affix a recent photo and attach photocopies of the following;
- documents pertaining to educational qualifications and schooling history
- documents pertaining to personal particulars (eg birth certificate and passport)
- parents’ particulars and passports
- any other documents that would aid in your application
- checklist of application for school admission of international students (checklist to be given and completed in our college).
3. Application deadline: 02 January 2020
4. Incomplete or applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Applicants may be further assessed by the college if they do not meet the pre-requisites of the subjects they wish to offer (e.g. H2 Mathematics and H2 Sciences).
Entrance tests are set for the relevant subjects:
- English Language
- Mother Tongue Language and Literature
- Art aptitude test
The schedule of the entrance tests will be made known to shortlisted applicants. Entrance test dates are currently scheduled on 09 Jan & 10 Jan 2020. Candidates are strongly encouraged to prepare well. Each applicant is only allowed to take the entrance tests once.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to prepare well. Each applicant is only allowed to take the entrance tests once.
OUTCOME STATUS OF APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Applicants are expected to demonstrate the knowledge and skills equivalent to a student who has done well for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination.
Any decision taken by the college is final.
Enquiries/Entrance Tests: Please contact the Admission Executive, Ms Nazurah Fitri at Tel: 6257 9873 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org