Home > Admissions > Financial Assistance
Yishun Innova Junior College is committed to support students who require financial assistance to complete his or her education in the college.
Students who are Singapore Citizens may apply for:
• MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
The college will also inform students of other available bursaries and financial assistance schemes through their Civics Tutors.
A) MOE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEME (FAS)
Types of Assistance
• Full waiver of $6.00 school fees and $13.50 standard miscellaneous fees. You need to pay for the second-tier miscellaneous fees on a monthly basis.
• Transport subsidy of $180 per annum/$15 per month (OR) pro-rated from the month of approval of FAS application to December of the same year.
• Bursary of $1000 per year.
• Students who are Singapore Citizens and meet one of the following criteria:
• The family's gross household income per month does not exceed $2,750, OR
• The per capita income* of each household member does not exceed $690 per month.
*The introduction of Per Capita Income (PCI) will enable students from larger families to benefit from financial assistance. Household members include parents, unmarried siblings and grandparents of the student as well as other dependents living in the same household. PCI is computed by dividing the gross household income by the number of members in the household.
Note: JC2 students who were on the MOE Financial Assistance Scheme the previous year are required to reapply for the scheme if they still wish to be in it. Parents/guardians need only submit one application form for all their school-going children/wards to one of the schools. The school which receives the application form will inform the parents/guardians of the outcome for all the children.
To apply for MOE FAS, please apply via YIJC Student Admin Portal. Students are advised to read the instructions carefully before completing the application form. Print out the completed application form and submit with all relevant documents to the General Office within the stipulated deadline, if any. An incomplete application form and/or the absence of required or relevant information and documents will result in a delay in the processing of application OR application being rejected.
B) OTHER FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHEMES AND BURSARIES
Other financial assistance schemes and bursaries include:
1. MDIS Bursary
2. Singapore Buddhist Lodge
3. Sembcorp Marine School Book Assistance Grant
4. The Daisy Phay Foundation Award
5. The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund
6. CDAC YEAP Grant
Students will be informed through their Civics Tutors when the above mentioned schemes and bursaries are open for application.